Friday, September 27, 2013

It tastes like chicken...

"I don't care what you say, I'm not putting that in my mouth!"  -  Yes, that's what she said ;)

Over the last 18 or so years that we have been traveling to other countries, I've always found it interesting to see what flavors that other countries find palatable.
I know that soft drinks (like Coke) are formulated differently for different regions of the world as well.  Each country/region finds different things taste good to them and find other regions are just weird (well, at least I find them weird).

As I go to the store and look around for something familiar, my eyes almost jump out of my head when I see Lay's potato chips on the shelf...that is until I start to read the flavors.

Here's some of the popular flavors I have found in Dushanbe.  I know that a couple of these might seem ordinary to people who live in countries other than the US, but for me, this is just kind of wrong.


Yep, that's ketchup flavor right there. 

Sorry for the blurry pic, but when I saw crab flavor, I just couldn't hold still long enough to get a good pic. 

Here we have white mushroom flavor. I don't like mushrooms so I'm gonna pass on this one. 

This one I actually did try before I translated it - no, red caviar did not work well as a potato chip flavor :(

Bacon... well, this one might be worth a try :)

Microwave popcorn - that's a beer on the front. 

Honey flavor. Ok, I can get past honey flavor, but maybe just not as microwave popcorn. 

Although this one says "original salt" on the edge, the front translated to condensed milk flavor. I'm losing faith in humanity. 


Thank goodness a Snickers is still just a Snickers!

No comments:

Post a Comment