Friday, October 18, 2013

Professional Development Weekend

Sharon took off to Almaty, Kazakhstan for a few days to attend a professional development conference.

While she is off in a city with such culinary delights as Hardee's and Pizza Hut, (neither of which we have in Tajikistan), I'm here eating cookies and Pringles - (to see what I had for brunch, check out the Twitter feed).  Of course, one should get a treat when having to endure three days of professional development conferences, and three days without me...

Actually, we have also ordered a few meals from a local company, Sevara's Kitchen, which makes home-cooked meals that we aren't 100% certain where they get all their ingredients.  On the menu this month are things like Chicken Pot Pie, Meatloaf with Potatoes, Szechuan Noodles with Chicken & Vegetables, etc.

Sitting alone with Moose and streaming TV (Hulu+, Netflix, and Amazon Instant), I decided to do my own form of professional development.  I installed a new piece of photo editing software (on a 30-day trial) and worked on a few photos that I have been sitting on for a couple of weeks.

In order to do what I wanted with these photos, I needed to take out quite a bit of noise (hence the new software), after I made them look more like what I actually saw instead of what the camera captured.

For the Friday post, here's a few images that I like.  Hope you like them as well.
Remember, all images are available for a nominal fee (I gots to eat, ya'know) :)

And don't forget to follow the new In Tajik I Stand Twitter feed for in-between updates on life and to find out what was for brunch!

These were all shot hand-held (no tripod).  


Thinking about doing a photo project that features various "tools of the trade" of different tradesmen I encounter on the streets here.


This shot took a few tries as timing was crucial. 
I had to not get just a blaring flash of light and/or blinded.

I think my favorite part of this image is the splatter of sparks at the bottom left corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment